If you share our values – Foresight, Integrity, Responsibility, Passion, Openness – if you are talented and willing to go the extra mile, we would like to hear from you.
ACTUARIAL ANALYST (AA/ILA/19)
Reporting to the company’s CEO, the Actuarial Analyst will be responsible to:
- Perform the actuarial functions in respect of the Insurance and Pensions business
- Provide support in the administration and overview of the Insurance Operations and ensure that processes and procedures are geared towards sound actuarial and underwriting principles
- Preparation of data and reports for submission of statutory and other related returns.
- Carry out and/or verification of technical computations pertaining to Life assurance, Pensions, and Investment
- Preparation of draft actuarial reports and documents.
- Preparation, checking and updating of statistical reports for both internal and external use and for management information.
- Monitor implementation of IFRS 17 and its subsequent maintenance.
- Provide the appropriate support and on-the-job training as and when required.
- Prepare and submit reports to Management and assist in the preparation of Board papers
- Participate in the review and digitisation of the Company’s process and services
- Review and assist in implementation of KPIs for monitoring strategic and operational performance.
- Assist in preparation and submission of Budget, Strategy, and Business Plan
- Assist in the design, pricing/re-pricing and profit testing of new products and existing products
- Assist and participate in the monitoring of the Risk Management Framework
- Assist and provide all relevant data and clarifications to the Statutory Actuary in the annual valuation of the Company’s Life Fund and other actuarial assignments.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and other stakeholders
- Ensure timely provision of data and other information to require in the course of their duties.
- Ensure that actuarial/valuation data/information, registers, records and connected documents are properly maintained and updated and readily available as and when required
- A minimum of three years’ full-time actuarial experience preferably at a Supervisor or higher level within a life assurance environment.
- Experience acquired at management level will constitute an advantage
- Either BSC in Actuarial Science plus at least 3 subjects cleared from a recognized Actuarial Body OR at least 6 subjects cleared from a recognized Actuarial Body OR such qualification acceptable to the Company.
- Additional Specialist Technical Subjects within the life assurance or risk field of study cleared from the Actuarial Exams will be an advantage
- Must be proficient in Office IT applications with excellent knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge and experience on Actuarial software will constitute an advantage.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Willingness to acquire additional technical and professional skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
If you feel you have the right profile for the job, please submit your application at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting AA/ILA/19.
The deadline for submission of all applications is the 4th December 2019.